Optimization is not an easy task, but if you follow these five steps, you will get better results.
- Check if your current hosting plan offers the performance your site needs.
- Monitor your plugins. Query Monitor is a good plugin to start with this task.
- Empty your trash. Thousands of no longer needed posts can slow down your WordPress.
- Disable Pingbacks and Trackbacks and try to reduce drafts, post revisions, and delete spam comments to speed up your WordPress.
- Try to avoid social media widgets and buttons (e.g. like buttons) or use Shariff to embed them.